Income tax return Netherlands

Have you worked in the Netherlands? Possibly you are entitled to a Dutch income tax refund. Your employer withheld wage taxes on your monthly salary, which is an advance payment of what you are expected to pay on Dutch income tax. According to our calculations and experience our foreign customers receive an average tax refund (‘belastingteruggaaf’ or ‘belastingteruggave’) of € 850.

Depending on the situation you could even receive more money from the Dutch Tax Administration if one of the following applies:

  • you have other income resources from business or freelance activities;
  • you paid interest on the mortgage on your house (hypotheekrente);
  • you paid alimony to your ex-partner;
  • you have study expenses;
  • you have a fiscal partner;
  • you have other personal circumstances.

Do you have any questions? Please contact us by filling out the contact form. One of our English speaking consultants will contact you at short notice.